FAQs Abbey West


Do I have to bring any furniture?

Abbey West offers furnished and unfurnished apartments designed to accommodate your specific needs.

Back To Questions

What is included in the rent?

Pest control, trash service, and on-site maintenance are included. Residents are responsible for their own electricity and water, which is billed by our third-party billing company, Conservice.

Back To Questions

Is the community pet friendly?

Yes!  Dogs and cats are very welcome here! We have an awesome dog park located right by the pool and clubhouse for your convenience.  There are modest pet fees and pet rent as well as dog breed and weight restrictions which are outlined in the Pet Addendum for the property.

Back To Questions

How close is the community to campus?

Campus Crossings at Abbey West is located minutes from the University of Georgia, the University of North Georgia - Oconee Campus, and Athens Technical College. We provide a free shuttle service to the UGA Campus.

Back To Questions

Is there parking available?

Yes, Abbey West has ample parking available to residents and their guests however; we do not assign spaces.  Please ask guests to park away from the buildings. 

Back To Questions

When is rent due/How do I pay rent?

Rent is due on the 1st of every month; however there is a grace period until the 3rd. On the 4th, rent is considered late and subject to a fine.

For your convenience, you can pay online via the property’s website (click on PAY RENT under the RESIDENTS section of our website) using a debit/credit card, set up an automatic withdrawal, or Echeck. We do not accept cash, physical checks or money orders.

Back To Questions

Do I sign my own lease or with roommates?

Each resident is only responsible for the rent on his/her bedroom – this is referred to as “by the bed” leasing rather than a “joint & several” lease. So, if one resident moves out, the remaining roommates are not responsible for that roommate's rent.

Back To Questions

What if my roommates don't get along or I have issues with my roommates?

Sometimes this happens. Great people sometimes can’t live together for whatever reason. We’ve got you covered. Residents are able to transfer, dependent on availability (a transfer fee may apply).

Back To Questions

What if I have a maintenance issue or need in my apartment?

Non-emergency service requests (choose whichever option works best for you):
• Submit a Service Request online using Resident Portal. (Click MAINTENANCE under RESIDENTS on the website to set up an account.) Follow the prompts to complete the service request.
• Call the office and speak with a Campus Crossings Abbey West team member or leave a message if your call is after the office is closed.

For emergency situations (water leaks, and toilet back-up's, AC or Heating issues during weather extremes, non-functioning refrigerators, electrical outages, gas leaks and fire):
• Call the leasing office. We have someone available 24/7.

Back To Questions


What furniture is provided and what is included in the kitchens?

We offer both fully furnished and unfurnished apartments.  A typical apartment might include a lounge chair, sofa, coffee table, end table, entertainment center, and dining table with seating for the number of bedrooms in the unit. Bedrooms are furnished with a desk, dresser, end table, and a full-size bed extended length requiring Queen Size sheets.

Kitchens include refrigerators with ice makers, stove, dishwasher, disposal, microwave, and in-unit full-size washer and dryer. Please refer to the property website under Apartment Amenities for details and specifics for this property. 

Back To Questions

How do I receive mail and packages?

Mail - Resident mail is delivered by the US Postal Service to your assigned mailbox. At move-in, you will receive a mailbox key. When you move-out, if you want to have your mail forwarded, you will need to complete a Change of Address Form with the local US Post Office (the community office often has these handy).

Packages - Packages will be delivered to the Amazon Hub and can be retrieved 24/7 with your unique pickup code. If the lockers are full or if any oversized packages are delivered, they will be available for pickup in the office during business hours with proper ID.

Back To Questions

What do I need to bring to my apartment?

You should contact your roommates prior to moving-in to coordinate the common area furnishings and items such as; televisions, sound systems, trash cans, plates, silverware, cups, pots & pans, etc. For your own bedroom and personal space, you will need to bring your bath and personal products as well as a shower curtain & hooks, bath mats, towels, linens, pillows, and whatever else will help create your home away from home.

If your apartment is unfurnished, then you will want to coordinate with your roommates about common area furniture (sofa, other chairs, entertainment centers, and dining room tables), etc. Your community's staff members are a great resource for planning your move – don't hesitate to call them with questions or simply to feel reassured about what you've already prepared.

Back To Questions

Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?

Residents or guest's personal property and vehicles are not insured under the apartment lease agreement. We do require that all residents provide proof of insurance against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal negligent acts of others or any other cause. You can purchase a Renter's Insurance policy for a modest annual fee or your parent's home-owner's policy may provide coverage. Of course, you may also obtain coverage through the property’s sponsored provider. Please ask the Leasing Office for more information.

Back To Questions